2021 Virtual Leading for Learning Program for Experienced School Leaders
General Resources and Presentation Materials
Professional Practice Standards
The College of Alberta School Superintendents’ (CASS) 14th Annual Leading for Learning short course for newly or appointed system leaders and returning Start Right Leaders who want to delve deeper into leadership development will be offered July 5-8, 2021.
Schedule (more details forthcoming)
8:15 a.m. – Welcome and Launch into the Day!
9:00 a.m. – 3:45 p.m. – Session Learning and Collaboration
3:45 p.m. – Session Evaluation
The Leading for Learning short course is designed to bring leaders together as a learning community to reflect on their own leadership style and education practices. This course offers leaders opportunities to:
- Explore and experience the Leadership Quality Standard and the Superintendent Leadership Quality Standard;
- Gain new ideas and resources through engaging presentations and interactive learning activities facilitated by Alberta educational leaders with a wealth of school and school system experience;
- Engage in job embedded tasks and experiences linked to:
- inspiring a shared vision
- providing instructional leadership
- supporting Truth and Reconciliation
- leading change initiatives
- mentoring and coaching for peak performance
- team building
- strategic planning
- leadership communication strategies
- stakeholder relationships and engagement;
- Meaningfully address issues and challenges encountered by school leaders and develop practical strategies for action;
- Reflect and build new leadership ideas for professional practice;
- Connect with colleagues from other school jurisdictions to build an extended support network.
University Graduate Coursework
University Credit: Arrangements have been made with Alberta universities to offer graduate coursework for participants who are interested in extending the Leading for Learning 2021 short course learning experience. If you are interested in pursuing this option, you will be required to register with the university and to pay a tuition fee. If you plan to register, please contact the university at your earliest convenience in order to ensure that enrollment requirements are met. The contact information is as follows:
University of Alberta
Please e-mail Dr. José da Costa, Ed.D., Professor of Educational Administration and Leadership, Department of Educational Policy Studies, Faculty of Education at email@example.com. Dr. da Costa will provide information about both the registration procedures and the additional reading and assignment required.
University of Lethbridge
Please contact Kevin Matis at firstname.lastname@example.org with regard to registration with a copy to Dr. Mombourquette at email@example.com who will provide information about Independent Study and Open Studies Registration processes. (i.e. deadlines and additional expectations for academic work.)
Please note: The University of Lethbridge will only take applications from U of L current and former students.
The registration fee is $600.00 (includes GST).
Registration is limited to 50 participants.
Establish a sense of efficacy and confidence in newly appointed school leaders by providing practical, grounded advice.
CASS Professional Learning Goal 2020-2021: Deepening the understanding and applying the learning to support implementation of professional practice.
July 5-8, 2021